T-3 day!!!!!!! I am beyond excited to get back to Haiti and delve into the adventures of caring for people in a developing country where running water and electricity is not always guaranteed . This trip I will blog to keep everyone updated on my adventures and the wonderful impact STAND has on the Port de Paix community. Bare with me as this is my first experience blogging!
Day 15
Travel day! We woke up at 3:30 and were on the road by 4:45 am...... so early! It is a good thing we start early through because traffic starts to pick up around 6. We did. It break down at all and we had the fancy new bus! About a half hour in we got a road block. Some truck had pulled off to the side of the road and the. A car got stuck. Our bus could not get by. A few guys got out and moved the car and after a few scary moment where I was convinced we were going off a cliff we made the turn and were on our way. I slept 90% of the way( surprise surprise) and when I woke up we were 75% of the way there. This was a much easier ride than the way to PDP! We arrived at our hotel and immediately I put in my bathing suit and hopped into the pool. After two weeks of hard work it felt great to be splashing around a pool at a fancy hotel. I hung out by the pool for s few hours and the hopped in the shower( hot water!!) and took a nap. Dinner was buffet style with lots of veggies and food I hav...
Comments
Post a Comment