Day 14

Last day of clinic😳 I  so sad that clinic time has come to an end, but alas all good things must come to an end eventually. Luckily I will be back in September ! Today was a lot of wrapping up all of my patients. I saw most of the people I have been seeing for the past two weeks to give them heirbqound care supplies as well as instructions on their dressing changes. Most of the patients have been coming for years and are well versed in what they have to do, but it is always good to review. I saw my little girl again today. The hypergranulation tissue I was trying to get rid of with the play dough was much less then yesterday which was great to see. She was also started on a nutrition program today and will be followed by an American EMT who now lives in Haiti. I showed her how to do the wound care so she will do that as well. It makes me happy to know that this girl is getting the care that she needs. 
I saw a few ortho patients today. I dry needled a knee and a lower back totally on my own and I manipulated a lumbar spine on my own as well! Ortho skills are slowly coming back to me ( to bad I will not get to use those skills until September!) 
After we finished treating we cleaned and organized the clinic. I am amazed at how many wound supplies I went through! This time I let track of what was used and not used and I can advise the next volunteers what to bring. We also took several pictures and bid our interpreters goodbye.
 

Although I am sad to be leaving I am happy to say ..... I am now officially a homeowner!!!! Today my dad( as my power of attorney) closed on my condo!!!! Wahoooooo!!!!😜👍😜👍😜👍
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3

Weekend days 7 and 8

Day 13