Haiti day 2!

Today was the first day of clinic! 90 patients seen and treated by 15 ish therapists. Not too shabby! We also rolled out a new electronic documenting system today. Myself and 3 other therapists were the guinea pigs. Seems to work well so far. Between starting EPic this year and this new computer system I will be a tech savie documenting genius by the end of my time in Haiti. .... maybe😜
All of my patients I saw today had ortho related pain so it was a quick brush up on needling, cupping and manipulating backs, knees and hips. I was hoping to see some gnarly wounds , but alas none came in today. Maybe tomorrow. Three kiddos came by at the end of the day who had some scrapes I got to clean sand and bugs out of. So I guess I did technically get to see some wounds. There are a bunch of wound PTs on this trip. I am excited to see how they treat wounds and learn from them. I know I say this every trip, but it really is amazing to be with 15 others PTs with varying specialties. I learn so so much and it really helps me back at home with my SCI pts.
Tonight we had pizza for dinner with a Haitian twist. I brought a whole lot of snacks, but I am trying to just eat Haitian food. For those of you who know me well , know that this is a feat as I am worlds most picky eater and pretty much stick to feta and pasta. Anyway, the pizza was spicy but delish. It came with a side of goat and picklies which is super spicy cold slaw. The pickies are not for me, but the goat was good. 
After dinner we all just hung out and watched the sunset while drinking beer ( I have my special juice wine) and now I am doIng off while watching heat lighting. 
Til tomorrow!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3

Weekend days 7 and 8

Day 13