Haiti Prep Spring 2018

I can't believe that it is almost time to go back to Haiti and that this will be my fourth trip! I am so excited.... literally bouncing off the walls excited!! I have a guest room full of donations and the suitcases are out. There are a few more donations coming in so I have not packed yet (waiting until the last minute to pack..... yikes!), but I have started laying things out in order to organize that will go in what suitcase (there is an art to packing and I have not yet mastered it). Today I laid out all of my mosquito netting, sheets and clothes and sprayed them with Permethrin (no Zika or Malaria for me!) and are waiting for them to dry so I can load them into my backpack. I plan on packing all of my personal goods  (other than food and fluid toiletries)  in my backpacking backpack and all of the donations in a suitcase and 2 duffle bags. This is ideal so I can shove the duffle bags in the suitcase when I come home (makes things MUCH cheaper).  Have a mentioned that I am beyond excited to be going back to Haiti :) .
    This week at work I will collect some goods donated by the hospital as well as a few bags of sneakers. On Thursday I will attempt to squeeze all these donation into the suitcases and duffle bag. In the meantime, I will get in as many runs as I can, eat as much feta as I can and drink as much hot chocolate as I can. HAVE I MENTIONED HOW EXCITED I AM TO BE GOING BACK TO HAITI!

In case you are interested in learning more about the group that I am going with, check out their website. STAND: The Haiti Project. It is am amazing organization that does great things for the people living in and around Port- de- Paix. . Keep checking in so you can keep abreast of what I am doing while I am in Haiti!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3

Weekend days 7 and 8

Day 6