Day 10

Today was a more stressful day than usual . I saw two people today who I could not do anything to help. The first is a 16 year old kid who got a big bite on his ankle which led to osteomyelitis of his entire ankle and tibia ( we sent him to get x rays to confirm this). His best option is probably amputation. We are currently looking for a reliable doctor who can help us out. The second case was similar except the person was 22 and had had an ankle surgery that never healed. He has a large open wound on his shin and I can see his bone. 
I did see a few wounds in between which were healing so that was good to see. My last patient of the day was interesting case. She clearly has some psychiatric condition, and has been to the hospital to get some” foolish” pills. I nor she has any idea what these pills are. I saw her yesterday for machete wounds. Today I wanted to do more of a medical check. Her BP was crazy high (240/120), she had a UTI and all kinds of infections in her wounds. If I were at home I would send her out to an acute care hospital, but alas that does not happen here. I have her coming back today so hopefully she is doing better!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3

Day 15

Weekend days 7 and 8