Today was the first day of clinic! 90 patients seen and treated by 15 ish therapists. Not too shabby! We also rolled out a new electronic documenting system today. Myself and 3 other therapists were the guinea pigs. Seems to work well so far. Between starting EPic this year and this new computer system I will be a tech savie documenting genius by the end of my time in Haiti. .... maybe😜 All of my patients I saw today had ortho related pain so it was a quick brush up on needling, cupping and manipulating backs, knees and hips. I was hoping to see some gnarly wounds , but alas none came in today. Maybe tomorrow. Three kiddos came by at the end of the day who had some scrapes I got to clean sand and bugs out of. So I guess I did technically get to see some wounds. There are a bunch of wound PTs on this trip. I am excited to see how they treat wounds and learn from them. I know I say this every trip, but it really is amazing to be with 15 others PTs with varying specialties. I learn so so...
Comments
Post a Comment