Haiti day 4

So many wounds today!!!!! I saw several traumatic wounds that were infected as well as some wounds that just appeared according to the patients. One patient had his Achilles exposed. He had no idea how it started or how long he had had it for. A lot of people here will crush antibiotics and put the powdered antibiotics on the wound. It is a great idea in theory, but really just makes the wound worse. People will often also out talcum powder is wounds to dry them up. This particular patient has layer and layers of powder and antiobiorics cakes on his wound. It took a good hour to get it cleared off. I bet I have sufficiently grossed everyone out so I will shift from wounds to something you may actually enjoy reading about 😜
I did my first successful lumbar manipulation today! It was amazing to see this guys with super tight guarded muscles respond so well to the manipulation. His muscles just relaxed completely . I followed it up with some needling and cupping and his pain went away. 
My last patient of the day was quite  doozy. Initially she complained of a headache. It seemed as though her headache was coming from her neck so I ( and other therapist) worked I. Her neck for a bit. Her headache went away, but then she complained of an earache. We looked in her ears, there was some old damage, but nothing we could do. I though she was all set and then she brought up she thought she had a vaginal infection and a UTI.  I tested for those . Once we were done with that and o thought she was leaving she noted she had knee elbow and foot pain. Long story short , her entires body was worked in by about 4 different people  and every time we thought we were done she kept coming back. I don't blame her. I bet she rarely or never gets to see any healthcare professionals. I would want my whole body looked at as well if I saw a doctor once every few decades!
This afternoon was market day. All the interpreters rough ingoods to sell. It is a good way to help stimulate the economy. I did not get anything this week, but will next week fore sure!

This is a picture of cupping and needling. Neither hurts  and both who relax muscles 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3

Weekend days 7 and 8

Day 5