Haiti day 3

Today was an all around great day. In the morning I saw two PTs who had had strokes who did well with donated braces and splints and several patients who had wounds . The wounds came from varied sources including a thorn, two moto burns and varying ties wounds. None were super gross, but it felt good to dig back into wound care Haiti style. There are so many PTs in this group who do or are interested in wound care. start rant........ I wish New England would get wth the lrogrammand realize that PTs are just as capable of doing wound care as nurses. I am the only PT that I know of who does wound care in MA and it has been a lot of convincing people that I am legit and can do wound care... end rant.... anyway... the afternoon was less eventful, but I did a successful thoracic manipulation on one of my colleagues . Tomorrow I will have to try it with a patient ! After treatment time we geeked out over PT related things. There was a cervical ( neck) mania lecture going on while a few therapists were looking at x rays and a few of us were working on extremity mobilizations. My back and hips have never felt so good!
We later went for a walk around town( below pictures)  and had a salsa lesson! ( obviously my favorite part of the day. I was told by the teacher that I was dancing less like a white person. To me this means my Latin dancing has improved ( thanks Arthur Murray!) 
Now off to bed😴




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3

Weekend days 7 and 8

Day 6